Quinoa Bars with Pistachios and Chocolate Chips are held together with pureed dates and agave. Satisfy your sweet cravings with this low fat and delicious snack option.
Quinoa Bars with Pistachios and Chocolate Chips
Here is a healthy recipe I made after experimenting with quinoa granola a few weeks back. Quinoa bars! And they’re made with just 6 ingredients.
These quinoa bars with pistachios and chocolate chips are a feel-good type of snack with no refined sugar or added fats. They are wholesome and beyond simple; loaded with dates, pistachios, and chocolate.
Most often I see energy bars that are full of oats, but not these. Instead, these bars are packed full of quinoa.
I love using quinoa in recipes like this. Have you tried this quinoa mango granola? It’s super tasty!
The dates add a subtle sweetness, but I decided to enhance it just a bit more with agave syrup. The syrup and agave get pulverized in a food processor until you have a thick paste
This is the binder for the bars. It works perfectly and tastes amazing!
HOW TO MAKE QUINOA BARS WITH PISTACHIOS AND CHOCOLATE CHIPS?
Toast the quinoa and pistachios until lightly brown. Puree dates, agave, and salt. Mix quinoa, pistachios, chocolate chips together with the puree. Press into an 8×8-inch pan and bake for 25 minutes, until the bars no longer feel sticky.
QUINOA BARS MADE WITHOUT OATS
These quinoa bars with pistachios and chocolate chips are made without oats so they are 100% gluten-free. You can also add chia seeds and flaxseed meal for an added boost of nutrition. Simply toast 1/2 cup of seeds with the quinoa and pistachios.
So throw out the junk and enjoy a wholesome, chewy, and simple chocolate pistachio quinoa bar. Your body will thank you!
Looking for more gluten-free recipes?
Vegan Chocolate Truffles
Strawberry Panna Cotta
Homemade Almond Butter
Coconut Creme Brulee
Stay connected! Subscribe to Baked by an Introvert to get new recipes delivered to your inbox. And follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Instagram for all my latest updates.
5 from 1 vote
Print
Quinoa Bars with Pistachios and Chocolate Chips
Quinoa Bars with Pistachios and Chocolate Chips are held together with pureed dates and agave. Satisfy your sweet cravings with this low fat and delicious snack option.
CourseBreakfast, Snack
Prep Time20minutes
Cook Time35minutes
Total Time55minutes
Yields12bars
Calories149kcal
AuthorJen Sobjack
Ingredients
US Cups - Metric
1cuppistachiosshelled and chopped
1/2cupuncooked quinoarinsed and drained
1cuppitted dates
2tablespoonsagave syrup
3/4teaspoonssalt
1/4cupdark chocolate chips
Instructions
Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
Spread the quinoa and pistachios in an even layer on a large baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until lightly brown and toasted. Remove from the oven.
Reduce the temperature to 200ºF.
Line an 8x8 inch pan with parchment paper, leaving a 1-inch overhang on all sides. Set aside.
In a food processor, process the dates, syrup, salt, and 2 Tbs of water until smooth.
Combine the date puree, quinoa, and pistachios in a medium mixing bowl. Stir in the chocolate chips.
Press the mixture firmly into the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake for 25 minutes or until no longer sticky. Cool completely, cut into bars.
superfoods vegan chili in the crock-pot® slow cooker This Superfoods Vegan Chili is hearty, filling, and full of bold flavor! Save It’s football season! Are you ready to have some friends over to watch the big game? Football season is much more fun with friends. I suggest you have a big pot of warm chili ready. Chili is expected, right? Save Why don’t you surprise everyone and make a healthy, hearty chili that is vegan and filled with superfoods? Why not?! You won’t be disappointed in this Superfoods Vegan Chili. It’s got three different kinds of beans and is chock full of vegetables. Save It might even give you super powers since it’s filled with superfoods. That’s what superfoods do, right? Whether you hate the buzzword “superfoods” or love it, it is descriptive. It lets us know that the food we’re eating gives us a myriad of health benefits. Superfoods are not one hit wonders, but pack a powerful punch of many nutrients into one food. This chili is full ...
how to cook quinoa and quinoa recipes your family will love This article will show you how to cook quinoa so it has a perfect, fluffy texture and you can use it in many different quinoa recipes! Save The other day I got a message from a friend who was making my Sweet Potato Black Bean burgers. They call for cooked quinoa, and she wasn’t sure how to cook quinoa. Sometimes, I take for granted that not everyone knows cooking basics. Then I remember that at one time, I didn’t know the basics. I had no idea how to cook quinoa the first time I bought it. How would I? It’s not like our parents grew up cooking quinoa, right? Grandma sure wasn’t teaching me how to cook quinoa! So today I’m posting a very basic recipe for how to cook quinoa. It easy, but the first time, like anything, you need a little guidance. I’m happy to provide that. Sidebar: any other basics you need help with? Let me know in the comment section! how to cook quinoa step 1: measure and rinse Save First, you want to measure ...
Cranberry Orange Sweet Rolls Soft, homemade dough flavored with orange blossom water and filled with sweet cranberry filling. Each topped with an orange blossom glaze. Cranberry Orange Sweet Rolls are the perfect holiday brunch or make-ahead breakfast. This post is sponsored by Nielsen-Massey. All thoughts and opinions are my own. There’s really nothing more satisfying than waking up to the smell of sweet rolls baking in the morning. Especially when they are filled with sweet citrus and cranberry. The holiday season is my favorite time for baking. Every year I whip up my favorite slow cooker orange sweet rolls but this year I’ve given them a makeover. This time they are baked in the oven and infused with orange blossom water. I also chose to fill them with homemade cranberry filling and shape them into knots instead of the traditional swirl. These cranberry orange rolls are guaranteed to be loved by all who try them. We all know working with yeast can be intimidating but I pro...
Comments
Post a Comment